Country-code top level domain name (ccTLD .VN)
Country-code top level domain name
1. VN domain name is allowed to be registered both in second level (under .vn) and third level (under .com.vn, org.vn, net.vn…).
2. Generic second-level domain (gSLD) names mean domain names classified by sectors, including the following domain names:
a/ COM.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in commercial activities.
b/ BIZ.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in business activities, equivalent to domain name ".COM.VN".
c/ EDU.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in education and training activities.
d/ GOV.VN: For central- and local-level State agencies and organizations.
e/ NET.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in the establishment and provision of online services.
f/ ORG.VN: For organizations involved in political, cultural and social activities.
g/ INT.VN: For Vietnam-based international organizations.
h/ AC.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in research activities.
i/ PRO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in highly-specialized domains.
j/ INFO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in the creation, distribution and supply of information.
k/ HEALTH.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in pharmaceutical and medical activities.
l/ NAME.VN: For proper names of individuals involved in Internet-related activities.
m/ And other domain name categories to be regulated by the Ministry of Information and Communication.
2. “.VN” domain name life cycle
ccTLD‘.vn’ domain name life cycle
- Available period: Domain name in available status can registered base on principle of first come first served.
- Registration and Renewal: Domain name can be registered or renewed for a period of 1-50 years.
- The expiry date: The expired date of domain name is set to the registration date of the upcoming year(s) depending on the number of renewal years.
- Renew period: After expiry date, within the period of 5 days, the registrant has right to make payment to renew the domain name.
- Delete Process: After 35 days since the expiry date, the domain name can not be renewed will be withdrawn and made available for registration.