Country-code top level domain name
1. VN domain name is allowed to be registered both in second level (under .vn) and third level (under .com.vn, org.vn, net.vn…).
2. Generic second-level domain (gSLD) names mean domain names classified by sectors, including the following domain names:
a/ COM.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in commercial activities.
b/ BIZ.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in business activities, equivalent to domain name ".COM.VN".
c/ EDU.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in education and training activities.
d/ GOV.VN: For central- and local-level State agencies and organizations.
e/ NET.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in the establishment and provision of online services.
f/ ORG.VN: For organizations involved in political, cultural and social activities.
g/ INT.VN: For Vietnam-based international organizations.
h/ AC.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in research activities.
i/ PRO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in highly-specialized domains.
j/ INFO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in the creation, distribution and supply of information.
k/ HEALTH.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in pharmaceutical and medical activities.
l/ NAME.VN: for organizations and individuals to register under names such as full names, abbreviations, trade names, aliases... of organizations and individuals;
n) ID.VN: For individuals who are Vietnamese citizens to register to use personal images, products and personal brands in the online environment;
o) IO.VN: For organizations and individuals that register to use technology applications, platforms and services in the network environment;
p) AI.VN: For organizations and individuals that register to use for activities and services related to the field of artificial intelligence;q/ And other domain name categories to be regulated by the Ministry of Information and Communication.
q) .HANOI.VN, .HAIPHONG.VN... (provinces extensions): For organizations and individuals with relationship to municipalities and provinces in Viet Nam
2. “.VN” domain name life cycle
ccTLD‘.vn’ domain name life cycle
- Available period: Domain name in available status can registered base on principle of first come first served.
- Registration and Renewal: Domain name can be registered or renewed for a period of 1-50 years.
- The expiry date: The expired date of domain name is set to the registration date of the upcoming year(s) depending on the number of renewal years.
- Renew period: After expiry date, within the period of 25 days, the registrant has right to make payment to renew the domain name.
- ServerHold period: From 0 to 25 days since the expiry date without payment , domain name will be put on ServerHold status. Domain name can still be renewed.
- Delete Process: After 25 days since the expiry date, the domain name can not be renewed will be withdrawn and made available for registration. From 26 to 40 days since the expiry date, domain name will be randomly withdrawn.